Protecting Your Business Against Potential Liabilities
We will search the top carriers for you for the best offer.
General liability insurance
General liability insurance is a fundamental type of business insurance that provides protection against potential lawsuits and claims. In this article, we’ll cover the basics of general liability insurance, including who needs it, what it covers, what it doesn’t cover, and how much it costs.
Are you paying too much for your general liability policy?
Send us your old policy details and we’ll give you $25 if we can’t beat the price
I need a new best price policy!
We will give you $25 if we can't find a better price for your policy!
Who needs general liability insurance?
Any business that operates in the public domain, interacts with customers or clients, or has a physical location should consider purchasing general liability insurance. This type of insurance can help protect businesses from lawsuits and claims arising from property damage, bodily injury, or advertising injury.
The chances that you will need this insurance in the next 10 years are 40%*
*Based on an analysis of five years of claims data (2010-2014) from more than 1 million Business Owner’s Policies from The Hartford.
General liability insurance coverage
General liability insurance typically covers the costs associated with legal defense, settlements, and judgments if a business is sued for covered claims. It can also cover damages to third-party property, medical expenses for injuries sustained by a third party, and advertising injuries like libel or slander.
What Does General Liability Insurance Not Cover?
- Professional services: General liability insurance does not cover claims that arise from professional services rendered by a business. For example, if a doctor makes a mistake during surgery, this would not be covered under general liability insurance.
- Intentional acts: General liability insurance does not cover intentional acts committed by a business or its employees. This means that if an employee intentionally causes harm to a person or property, the resulting claim or lawsuit would not be covered.
- Employee injuries: General liability insurance does not cover injuries that occur to employees while on the job. For this, a separate workers’ compensation policy is needed.
- Property damage to the business’s own property: General liability insurance covers property damage that occurs to third-party property, but it does not cover damage that occurs to the business’s own property.
- Auto accidents: General liability insurance does not cover accidents that occur while driving a company vehicle. This is typically covered by a separate commercial auto insurance policy.
It is important for businesses to understand what is and is not covered under their general liability insurance policy. In some cases, additional insurance policies may be needed to provide the necessary coverage for certain types of claims or lawsuits. It is always recommended to consult with an insurance professional to ensure that your business has the right coverage in place.
General liability insurance cost
The cost of general liability insurance can vary depending on the size and type of business, the level of risk, and the amount of coverage needed. On average, small businesses can expect to pay between $400 and $1,500 per year for general liability insurance. Larger businesses or those with higher risks may pay more.
In conclusion, general liability insurance is an essential type of insurance that can help protect businesses from potential lawsuits and claims. By understanding who needs it, what it covers, what it doesn’t cover, and how much it costs, businesses can make informed decisions about their insurance needs.
General liability insurance quote
Send the request and we will quote multiple markets to get you the best coverage and price.
Protecting your future
Whatever your needs, give us a call, have you been told you can’t insure your risk, been turned down, or simply unhappy with your current insurance? Since 1995 we’ve been providing coverage to our customers, and helping people across United States.