How to get bonded and insured for a small business

We will search the top carriers for you for the best offer.

Or call us at (406) 721-8810

How to get bonded and insured for a small business

We have created this small guide for you so that you can quickly and easily find out everything you need to properly insure your business.

The bond is used to secure the execution of your works. While you use insurance to insure your business.

Bonds are used to make sure that in the event of an inability to fulfill the contract, you do not experience additional costs that you may not even be able to pay. Bonds are generally required by the companies you work for to secure their investment. It is often about state institutions.

For example, you contracted construction works until a certain deadline. However, unforeseen things happen and you are not able to finish the work by the agreed deadline. Then use bond insurance. Be sure to talk to the principal about exactly what you need before taking out the bond, and then talk to your insurance agent. That way you will be sure that you are properly insured.

On the other hand, insurance protects your company. Here’s a list with brief descriptions so you know what insurance you need.

What insurance do I need for my business?

We can easily classify which insurances you need depending on the type of work.


  1. Does your company have employees? Then you need workers compensation insurance In order to be covered in case the worker gets injured or sick at the workplace.
    This insurance is required by most states because you must cover all work-related injuries and medical expenses, lost wages of the injured worker and even death. Regardless of whether the worker has personal health insurance, you are responsible for his medical expenses if an injury occurs in the workplace, and such injuries occur even in the safest conditions. If you do not have this insurance, you have to pay all the costs yourself, which can be quite expensive.


  1. Is your company in contact with other people’s property and people?
    Then you need general liability insurance.
    It covers bodily injury to your customers, property damage, advertising damage, personal injury, rental property damage and medical payments. These situations are common and every company should consider about this type of policy.


  1. Does the company give advice to clients?
    Then you need
    professional liability insurance. In case your advice causes some damage to the client.
    The damage you can cause to your clients can be financial or physical. Such as doctors, consultants, advisors, personal trainers, nutritionists… Of course, the price of this insurance depends on the type of service you offer.


  1. Do you have inventory or equipment that you want to insure such as furniture, computers, tools…?
    You can do this through your
    business owners policy.
    This is a combination of two different insurance policies for general liability insurance and property coverage.

It includes cover for business interruption caused by a claim, which is ideal for small and medium-sized business owners. The problem with this policy is that it does not cover employees at all.

The Business owners policy includes customer injuries, customer claims related to your products, damage to movable and immovable property.


  1. Does the company own vehicles or work machines?
    Then you should get
    commercial car insurance. To insure your people and company on the road with a policy. The difference between Commercial Auto Insurance and Personal Auto Insurance is that Commercial Auto Insurance covers far more things. Such as, for example, loading and unloading, business equipment on vehicles, coverage of rented vehicles, greater exposure of property, loaded items on the vehicle or trailer…


  1. Another smart type of insurance would be Commercial Umbrella Insurance.
    This coverage extends of  the limits for some of your liability policies


 In most cases, more than one type of insurance is required. 

You can write us what you need in the form below and we will find the best price and coverage you need.

How to get bonded and isnured for a small business

Buisiness - Bonds insurance Quote

Send the request and we will quote multiple markets to get you the best coverage and price. 

Contact details:


Protecting your future

Whatever your needs, give us a call, have you been told you can’t insure your risk, been turned down, or simply unhappy with your current insurance? Since 1995 we’ve been providing coverage to our customers, and helping people across United States.